Alumni in News ! Arjuna Awardee 1996 ! Asian Games 1982 New Delhi, Golf Gold Medal
Amit Luthra (Batch of 1977 but was in AFBBS from 1965-70) was awarded Arjuna Award in 1996. He is a Gold Medal for Golf at Asian Games 1982. He has also been awarded Rashtriya Khel Protshan Puruskar in 2017.
Notable Achievements –
- Arjuna Award – 1996
- Won 100+ Golf Tournaments including Singapore, Malaysia, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Turkey.
- Trifecta – Won all National Titles – Junior, Men and Seniors.
- India Captain for over 35 years at Asian Games, Asian Pacific, World Amateur
- Produced Champions – Ashok Kumar, Chikkarangappa, Shubham Jaglan (4 Times Jr World Championship)
- IGU Selection Committee
- Government Observer
- Advisor – Arjuna Awardee Association
- Governing Council – Delhi Golf Club for 3 decades
- Founder – Golf Foundation
He was in AFBBS for 5 years and then went to TAFS. He did his CA and is the Managing Partner of a Leading CA & Legal firm, Luthra & Luthra. He is married to Praketa and has a son, Advait. His hobbies include Sports, Marathon and Workout.
He also runs a successful NGO.
He is also standing for the ongoing elections for Captain at Delhi Golf Club and we wish him the best !
Kudos ! Best Wishes !